Saturday, October 09, 2004

Today I accomplished...

I have decided I will use this Blog site to get my self acquainted with, well...posting my self "so to speak" until I get my own web site up and running..its still under construction.

So I was trying to get a link on here for anyone interested in a lil shrub humor, but I wasn't to successful so I will just paste it here.....

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/view/2232_small.shtml

I am following the presidential race closely as I am a big Kerry supporter...

I will get into politics a bit later.

I have decided to add my thoughts on the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND Act that our wonderful Prez has put into effect during his time as our Commander in Thief.

According to one report, school officials say the law is not adequately funded, is unfair to special education and non-English speaking students and includes penalties that hurt student achievement.

In a survey involving several schools....
nearly all of the superintendents who responded to the survey agreed that the federal government did not give the state enough money to meet the law's requirements. Sixty percent of principals said they have diverted money from athletics and arts programs to pay for extra costs brought on by the law.



The facts are this..
Under No Child Left Behind, schools that repeatedly fail to meet the law's mandates can face sanctions such as the loss of federal funding. They also can be required to offer extra services such as tutoring, or offer students the chance to attend another school.
Bush is underfunding education. The President cut $200 million from his own No Child Left Behind Act, eliminating crucial educational programs for lower income children and cutting professional training for more than 20,000 teachers. Flawed from its very foundation, No Child Left Behind is based on then-Governor Bush's late-‘90s “Texas Miracle,”—a program of standardized testing designed to increase performance and reduce dropout rates--now recognized as a scandalous failure.

The children are the future of our country. Under Bush's presidency our education system has faltered in so many ways its downright disturbing. This is after only 3.5 years under his watch.

I cannot imagine another 4 years with this man...

Kerry has my vote.


So ......now
I am going to spend this chilly Sat. evening chilin' in front of the tube and browsing through a few textbooks...YEA!

:)

ciao 4 now


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hav 2 agwee