Thursday, November 04, 2004

Why I love the WEB

Well another day...gone, but not a total loss. I actually did get a few things accomplished, but nothing that relates to school. Just cannot seem to get into the groove of things when it comes to my assignments and reading...no ambition, no drive, no VAVOOM.....

Anyway...

I received a few DVD's from Netflix...(which I totally recommend for anyone who loves movies or documentaries or ANYTHING that is on DVD) anyway I received the first season of the West Wing and the 2003 version of Texas chainsaw massacre (A Halloween dealy).Well I pop in the TCS, and I start to get a bit interested in the main character "Leather Face". So plop down in front of me PC and Google TCS. Well... it turns out that this character was based on a true-life serial killer by the name of Ed Gein. Well anyway...anyone who has seen TCS knows that the directors and producers claim that the film is based on actual true events, and well I found out today that is not entirely true. Despite being heavily touted as "inspired by a true story," both Tobe Hooper's original 1974 film and the 2003 Marcus Nispel remake are only lightly based on the real-life murderer Ed Gein, who is suspected to have taken several victims between 1954 and 1957. Perhaps the most recognizable similarity is the film's house, whose gruesome content was similar to that found in Ed Gein's home in 1957. So that is that.... kinda.

I start thinking about the title "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and it gets me to thinking lol ...about George W Bush and his Massacre on the presidency(MOP for short)
I start a surfin about his lies, manipulations and deceit..etc....and well I came across what I think is a great site for anyone interested in reading the "other" news when it comes to W.

Its called Tvnewslies.org...and if one is interested in what they have to say....here ya go.

http://www.tvnewslies.org/index.html

I have to say that I am very grateful to live in the Information Age which has given us the tools that when one wants...one can gain access to so much information with so much ease... just a click of the mouse......and 'voila.. Information Paradise!
Now I know that not all of the sites on the web are credible, but hey we live in a world where credibility and reliability has become obsolete. BUT, with a little perseverance and research one can find useful info.

Like tonight when I found out the lil tid bits about the TCM... that the story isn't ...in all actuality what it is all cracked up to be...



And in the process came across a nifty new site, that also sheds some light on 'ol W ... .

Seems he isn't all he is cracked up to be either...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Love the web...I do ...I do.


Ciao 4 Now


BTW

TCM 2004 was a terrible fim.....1974 was mucho better...far be it from me to be able to say what is and isnt good regarding horror fims, they truly are not my forte', but all the same it was horrible.

I shoulda stuck with the West Wing......cant go wrong with a hollywood White House.

:)



No comments: