Wednesday, June 22, 2005

P.E

Ok I am all for taking course via the internet, hell I am a full-time distance degree student my own self, but I have to draw the line when it comes to taking PE online............ I mean PE …………online?

COME ON!!



Seems in Minneapolis this is the case as the staff at a certain school has decided to offer Phys Ed online for those extra busy students who want to get by state mandatory academic courses. The students are required to meet with their instructor at the beginning and end of the class and submit weekly emails to the instructor on their progress, as they are responsible for monitoring their heart rate and physical endurance tests.

Uh huh

I just cant seem to get rid of this stupid silly smirk on me face, the hypocrisies of this subject is just killing me!!! As here we are, being told by every medical and fitness professional that we, as Americans, have the highest % of obesity in the world due to over-eating (of course) and the lack of .... or better yet ….NON physical activity. And the solution to this problem?...........offer Phys Ed to students on the computer.........that ought to whip those youngsters into shape right quick. With just a click, click, clickity click of the ‘ol mouse they will be in great shape in no time at all.... best they don’t forget to keep their heart rate in check, would be a sad state of affairs if we hade over exerted students collapsing at their monitors…

LAZY

Moving on………

I am a busy lil bee today………I have to go pick out the new carpet today, wash my car, submit my papers for my portfolio, contact my loaner about the interest rates going up next month, pick up some grass seed as my Aunt has killed patches of my yard GRRRRRRRRR……um lemme see what else?

Oh yes

I am right now heading out to the gym to workout……….or you know…… now that I think of it…typing this out could actually be substituted for my workout………

Nah


I might be a lot of things………but counterintuitive isn’t one of them………


Well........not usually.

No comments: